Rocky Mountain National Park annually attracts 3.5 million visitors. During the summer of 2016, I was one of them. Drawing inspiration from the foliage of the park and limited to the art supplies I carried in my backpack, I made a number of leaf rubbings from the many different plants I found and carefully cataloged the names of each plant. At the end of the trip, I compiled all of the rubbings I had made into a large poster which characterizes an aspect of the essence and beauty of this national park. Interestingly, I also learned that there are only two types of deciduous trees inside the park!









Preliminary experiments with my stamp-pad




Studies with stamping and rubbing leaves




Collecting and labeling leaf varieties for reference




Leaf rubbings with their prospective plants




Calligraphy for the poster title


More Projects

Linkedin Profile
Instagram
dribbble
Twitter